Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Me created a website

At http://www.nellitheertha.com/

Although it was quite an effort to get the webpages ready, its brought me great satisfaction. Its been my wish since many years to bring out a website about my village temple. I believe a wonderful place like the Nellitheertha temple needs more visitors. The website is my way of popularising the place. More visitors to the place will automatically mean more revenues, more improvements making it a better place.

Starting today, an 8-day Brahmakalashotsava festival is happening at the temple. Would have loved to be there but can't get leave at my new office. Most of the folks from home will be there during the weekend.

There is news that a nearby place called Kompadavu will be taken away by the MRPL guys as part of their expansion plans. Its really sad that these folks don't bother a bit about the environment before taking such steps. Also the culture and history associated with the place means nothing to them. By sheer luck, Nellitheertha has avoided coming under their radar. I hope that never happens.

1 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Girish Basavalingaiah said...

I totally agree wit hari that we don't have to denigrate other languages to promote Kannada. Every language has its own strengths,attactions,history....
The focus must be on performing a deep dive into the wonderful experience the language offers and therey enriching yourself to be a better complete human being.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am nerdier than 92% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!