Friday, August 12, 2005

Meetings

It is just awesome how many meetings I am having to attend these days. Not a single day passes by when I have not attended atleast two of them. In my previous life, I always thought meetings were completely unproductive and useless. I have been proved wrong. The problem back then was that the meetings used to be run so badly and without any agenda.

Here though, we seem to manage to get a good amount of discussion going. Meetings happen along the line of the agenda and finish pretty much on time.

Attending meetings, although, would be low on the "get nerdy" factor.

Which brings me to the thought - What are some tell tale signs that someone is a nerd or is getting nerdy....hmmm....let me see if I can think of some..

2 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Sripathi Kodi said...

I was thinking of something on this line (nerdiness) for my blog as well. I am donating (with GPL) my initial thoughts to you. I am aware that I may be offending some people by doing this, including a geek in Boston :)

The first one is my favorite.

1) mutt is the best mail client because it is fast (!!!) and powerful. Because mutt is faster, I get extra 10 seconds of time every day that that you (put_your_graphical_mail_client_here) users dont.

2) I get a kick out of editing configuration files.

3) Your application may be 1000 times better, but mine is open-sourced and hence superior ;-)

4) They said my Linksys router runs Linux. I want to test if my new kdump feature lets it take a dump when it crashes.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Girish Basavalingaiah said...

One of the first and best sign is if u are wearing a Chaddi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am nerdier than 92% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!