Monday, October 24, 2005

Its pouring in Bangalore

The past couple of days has been horrible for Bangalore. Apparently, we are breaking all kinds of records when it comes to the amount of rain we've received this year. October has been particularly harsh. Wipro office on Hosur Road has several feet of water and the Silk Board flyover is completely flooded.

I could not make it to office till noon. Luckily, I obtained a RSA SecureID card last week and am now able to connect to office from home. So, was working from home in the morning. Which reminds me...the 'work from home' policy/facilities/resources over here are vastly superior in quality from what it was in a certain three lettered company that I worked for in my previous life ;-) especially the policy...there is a certain criteria for being eligible for such facilities...and once you are eligible...your manager (or the other evils) have no control over it.

Anyway, coming back to the rains...me managed to drive through 2 ft of water near the Silk Board flyover. But they have now closed the E-city to Silk Board road. So I need to take the Anekal-Bannerghatta road to get back home. Getting ready for a long long drive back.

I read a strange item today in one of the newspapers. There was a writeup about what famous personalities do when they are stuck up in traffic. One of them apparently keeps gulping litres of water when he is in the car. Absolutely amazing!! One of my big worries while driving is how to keep my bla*&** under control till I reach home ;-))) Hez got a setup in his car or what :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am nerdier than 92% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!