Friday, August 19, 2005

Resizing my NTFS partition

So I finally worked it out. Will wait for the broadband connection to appear at home. There are a couple of Linux based utilities which are freeware and can pretty safely repartition my NTFS data drive. Need a 100MB mini distro though. So, I am gonna download that from home and then get Linux setup :-))

Which brings me to the topic of broadband connection. I got Tata Indicom disconnected because of their pathetic service (they have not even come home to take back the router), and Airtel and Hathway are not alive in my region, so had to settle for BSNL. Now, I have paid for the connection about a week ago. But my area office has not yet got the "work order" from the head office and they will only request the work order if I call them up and request for it. So, my polite enquiry call yesterday turned into a request logging session and I have been promised the connection "as soon as the work order comes". Some inside sources told me that the work order comes only after the modem is issued and that they have a perennial shortage of modems.

Phew....so in short.....not sure when I will get broadband at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

I am nerdier than 92% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!